Vice President of Accounting
Hybrid work schedule is available with flexibility
- Direct all aspects of daily property finance and accounting operations for the company with over $2.5B in assets under management (AUM)
- Direct oversight of 7 accountants & the Director of Accounting.
- Drive areas including financial reporting/analysis, financial planning, accounting and tax activities, budget management, forecasting and treasury management. Asset performance analysis, analysis of debt and partnership restructuring and cash projections, measure company financial and operating performance.
- Manage relationships with multiple banking partners, while overseeing the transactions of over 100 operating accounts; drive fraud control/prevention via management of internal control/fraud prevention policies.
- Partner with internal/external leaders to define and drive performance objectives; design and build tracking tools associated with business, financial and performance measurement.
- Manage web-based bank portals that allow the accounting department to have a timely access to the cash transactions and reports.
- Identify operational enhancements and drive implementation of projects and initiatives that have a positive impact on financial stability, reporting and overall operations performance.
- Lead all aspects of auditing events per partnership agreements and loan requirements; manage lender relationships and reporting compliance as well as partnership financial statement reporting compliance.
- Oversee the completion of tax return filings for multiple entities and relationships with CPA firms.
- Conduct the analysis of partnership waterfalls and preparation of quarterly distributions.
- Bachelor's Accounting or Finance
- Cash management
- Risk management.
- Manage annual contract with PEO.
- CPA license plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Yardi and QuickBooks
- 10+ years’ experience multi-family / residential real estate