- Data collection and analysis (including SAP, SSRS, Tax Packages, Direct Inquiry)
- Preparation of estimates, extensions, returns and factorbooks for all entities
- Analysis of changes to federal and state tax laws
- Assistance with research relating to 80/20 calculations
- Develop and implement process improvements
- Prepare responses to notices and Information Document Requests from states
- ·Collaboration with the State Income tax provision team relating to state attributes
- Preparation of state modeling
- Special projects (tax planning and department-wide initiatives)
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- 0-2 years’ experience in federal and state income tax
- Excel experience required
- Federal and state corporate income tax experience (w/ state combined returns) is a must while state apportionment experience is strongly desired
- Experience with state apportionment needed and familiarity with media/entertainment industry rules helpful
- Must be able to work autonomously yet also ask questions when appropriate.
- Strong desire to broaden and build skills
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to collaboration and problem solving
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to independently identify and resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills with ability to frame communications appropriate to audience
- Strong information technology skills: Microsoft Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, and the capability to handle multiple projects and stakeholders
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude; ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Understands cross functional impact and ability to build consensus with internal and external business partners
- This is a remote role but candidates must work EST hours.