Tax Accountant with a Twist
A very successful luxury brand in the San Fernando Valley is seeking a Senior Associate in their Tax Department.
The Senior Associate’s primary role is to assist with compliance reporting for US state indirect and direct taxes as well as assist with US federal compliance as well as other global filings. The Senior Associate will also have the opportunity to gather experience with preparing quarterly and annual provisions as well as assisting with other special projects around new business initiatives. This role will support the current tax manager and tax senior director.
- Work as part of a growing tax team to help the company in its expansion and growth, especially with the launch of their new itineraries.
- Preparation and timely filing of monthly, quarterly, & annual tax compliance reporting for US state direct and indirect tax (including sales/use tax, property tax, alcohol tax) purposes
- Assistance with preparation of US federal tax compliance items as well as other global filings (including Master File & Country by Country reporting)
- Support with preparation of financial statement tax provision for various US and foreign entities
- Assist the legal team with business license needs
- Assist with responding to IRS, US state, and other country audit inquiries / notices
- Other responsibilities and ad-hoc projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in accounting or tax preferred
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working in corporate tax at an accounting firm, CPA a plus
- Aptitude for performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions
- Close attention to detail, able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of US GAAP, experience or exposure to IFRS a plus
- Proficient in advanced Excel functions such as vlookup and pivot tables
- Problem-solver who enjoys working in a changing environment, and the desire and ability to identify, recommend and lead improvements
- Demonstrates positive attitude and takes a proactive approach