Required Education :
Bachelorís degree, preferably in accounting.
Job Description :
Summary of Responsibilities:
The work assigned to staff accountants is supervised by supervisors, managers and partners. Initially they are assigned to less complex accounting and tax projects. As they gain experience, they are given greater responsibilities and more complex projects. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, and ability to meet time constraints.
Staff accountants are expected to:
1. Understand and adhere to the firm’s policies and procedures including the Quality Control Procedures.
2. Record transactions and prepare trial balances using QuickBooks.
3. Become proficient in the preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary (possibly), and other tax returns prepared by the firm. Assume responsibility for completion of tax returns under the supervision of more experienced staff.
4. Develop accounting skills and become proficient at preparing financial statements.
5. Obtain an understanding of the types of financial statement engagements offered by the firm and perform audit, review, and compilation procedures as assigned by supervisors.
6. Obtain a working knowledge of research techniques and the various research sources available to the firm.
7. Respond to tax notices and prepare drafts of letters required in an effective manner.
8. Prepare 1099s, payroll, sales and other local tax returns. Prepare fictitious business name statement and business license applications and renewals.
9. Process monthly payroll for clients.
10. Prepare zero outs and projections.
11. Assist clients with setup or closing/dissolution of business entities.
12. Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines.
13. Attend various continuing education seminars
Required Qualifications :
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting.
2. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
3. Have experience with Microsoft Office
Clients pays 100% health insurance and offers 401K and profit sharing