The Staff accountant would be responsible for various accounting and operational items for a 2 billion dollar luxury brand. Accounting for the Australia office is handled out of Woodland Hills.
Additionally, while the Company’s accounting and finance department is currently working remote, the expectation is that this position will be primarily office-based once employees are able to return to the office. Mid June the work week will be 3 days in the office and 2 days remote.
· Heavy in operational duties: analyzing bookings, processing booking refunds, foreign transaction fee refunds, and travel agent commission payments.
· Liquidity & forecasting reconciliations and schedules.
· Accrual calculations: AP, general, marketing, lease, etc.
· Prepaid amortizations: air, commission, general, marketing, etc.
· Fixed assets: creating, depreciating, and disposing of fixed assets. Upkeeping related reconciliations.
· Employee expense reports: reconciling and preparing journal entries for reimbursement.
· Payroll: calculating accruals and preparing journal entries for bonuses and leave.
· Cash: entering wires related to AP and intercompany transactions. Journalizing misc. incoming and outgoing wires.
· Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliation and roll-forward schedules.
· Tax: preparing schedules for monthly, quarterly, and annual tax preparation for filing.
· Audit: preparing documents and actioning items as requested.
· Must have 2+ years of experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field
· Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP and IFSUM formulas)
· Strong analytical and communication skills
· Ability to think independently and exercise judgement in proposing solutions to issues encountered on a day to day basis
· Motivated self-starter with ability to think outside the box when problem solving
· Close attention to detail, able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
· Ability to work in teams
· Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamix 365 is a plus