Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Big Data QA
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Data, you will impact the quality of the billions of records. You will collaborate with Data Engineering to develop test strategy, test plans, and create test-data for business logic data pipelines. You'll have the latest tools to use: Airflow, Spark, and Pentaho. If you are self-motivated, and passionate about designing and deploying efficient automated tests, we’d like to learn more about your career interests and share more about this leading-edge organization.
- Examine business requirements and create test plans/data to ensure that source to target business logic is implemented as expected.
- Design and deploy integration and black-box tests to ensure the source to target mapping is implemented as expected by the data pipelines.
- Create detailed and well-structured test suites using programming languages like Python or Ruby.
- Review acceptance criteria for user stories & ensure required test coverage.
- Collaborate with the Development team to develop test automation strategy and to deploy reliable and efficient automation.
- Own the defect management lifecycle.
- Must have solid data/analytics review skills
- Understanding of testing involving ETL Tools such as Pentaho, Informatica, Talend.
- 5+ years of work experience in software development and quality assurance
- Ability to debug/troubleshoot large sets of data or format related issues
- SQL experience and experience with creating sample test-data from large data-sets
- Experience with or good understanding of data profiling
- AWS knowledge - S3, DynamoDB, EMR, etc.
- Experience working with Pentaho