Senior Tax Accountant
1. Adhere to the firm’s Quality Control Procedures and effectively supervise and train staff
accountants in accordance with the Quality Control Policies and Procedures.
2. Perform diverse accounting, auditing, and tax assignments under the direction of a
supervisor, manager or partner.
3. Completely prepare complicated tax returns with the ability to recognize complex tax
issues, including multi-state tax returns and other tax returns with high volumes of activity.
4. Become proficient at tax research, including knowledge of the reference sources available to the firm.
5. Plan and coordinate various phases of tax engagements, including budgeting time,
monitoring actual performance against budget, preparing returns with the highest quality of
accuracy and completeness.
6. Develop strong technical knowledge sufficient to prepare returns accurately and completely.
7. Begin acquiring the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
8. Prepare client billings.
9. Prepare fee proposals for prospective clients
10. Be a self-starter who is capable of meeting time constraints and client deadlines, managing
workload, progressing projects independently and working with a dynamic team.
11. Possess knowledge of quarterly and annual payroll, 1099, W-2 and business license
preparation to supervise engagements.
12. Train clients on how to use QuickBooks.