Senior System Engineer
Define the technical specifications based on the product requirements, design the system architecture and platform, work closely with diverse engineering disciplines to develop a comprehensive product development plan and execution procedures in different phase of the product life cycle. You will also need to coordinate engineering efforts from remote vendors, partners, or supporting team to ensure the successful delivery of high-quality engineering throughputs on time. Your role also focuses on evaluating the customer needs, proposing, and delivering engineering solutions to meet the customer requirements on the product functions and features.
- Responsible for technical path defining, technical decision making, risk identification and mitigation, and success delivery of commercially available products that meet the customers’ requirements.
- Work closely with product manager to develop the use cases, define engineering requirements, and specify boundaries and interfaces between engineering components. Work closely with the project manager to layout an executable development plan to ensure delivery of engineering solutions in a timely manner under time and resource constraints.
- Develop detailed technical solutions by working with diverse disciplines including ME, EE, Firmware, AI algorithm, Software.
- Design system integration test and evaluation process, and detailed test plans. Coordinate internal and external testing efforts to ensure product quality and meet product’s certification needs.
- Responsible for the technical reviews, key milestone gating, and follow-ups.
- Preform hands-on system engineering to enable successful engineering throughputs for whole product life cycle process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience developing and designing complex electrical-mechanical products
- Ability to work in fast paced environment to deliver well-designed engineering solution on time
- Performed as a team or tech lead in developing commercially available products with hardware and software components at the system level
- Self-motivated, strong analytical and problem solving skills, results-driven
- Ability to communicate and transfer knowledge effectively with key stakeholders
- Experience with Linux system and command line operations
- Engineering experience with embedded system development
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Experience building consumer facing products and services
- Comfortable making engineering decisions with limited information, and under time and resource constraints
- Experience in developing commercially available engineering applications in robotics
- Experience in healthcare, life sciences, or medical organizations
- Passion for Robotics