Senior Staff Accountant
Super successful 2 billion dollar luxury brand is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant.
Overview: The Senior accountant would be responsible for various accounting and operational items. Will work with the company that handles sales to our foreign passengers. Our offices are in Woodland Hills.
- Will report to the Australia Manager.
- Payroll duties: creating/terminating employees, reviewing contracts, processing bi-weekly and adhoc payroll timesheets via ADP, preparing payroll journal entries.
- Journalizing weekly billing invoices to prepaid, expense and inter-company. Amortizing prepaid air at month-end.
- Cash: preparing and reconciling weekly wire batches for invoices, expense reports, refunds, and account transfers. Authorizing wires entered by Staff Accountant.
- Reviewing items prepared by the Staff Accountant:
- Foreign transaction fee refunds.
- Reconciliation of cash and preparing cash FX adjustment entries.
- Liquidity & forecasting reconciliations and schedules.
- Process employee expense reports and preparing journal entries for reimbursement.
- Month-end accrual entries
- Month-end duties:
- Journalizing Transfer Pricing entries
- Preparing management reports for overhead and marketing costs
- Running FX revaluations
- Commission Override calculations and accruals
- Audit: preparing documents and actioning items as requested
- Must have 5+ years of experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills (through all levels of the organization)
- Accounting knowledge of debits and credits.
- Must have strong knowledge of Excel formulas and pivot table functions
- Ability to work in teams
- Must have knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience or exposure to IFRS a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft D365 a plus
- Opportunity to learn IFRS and enhance US GAAP knowledge
- Opportunity to obtain hands on experience in accounting systems and general ledger inclusive of creating reports
- Develop accounting and internal control procedures