Senior Internal Auditor
A successful large travel and leisure company is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor who will play a key role, under the direction of the Director of Internal Audit, in leading and executing the Company’s audit plan, including the SOX compliance plan and operational audits. This role requires strong audit knowledge, effective communication skills, solid business acumen, the ability to work in a fluid, changing environment, and strong risk identification and control knowledge.
The Senior Internal Auditor must be able to work independently, as well as closely with other internal auditors which could include internal audit co-source providers. This person will assist in developing and executing comprehensive audit programs that are responsive to the operational, financial, and control risks across the organization. Additionally, while the Company is currently working remotely, the expectation is that this position will be primarily office-based once employees are able to return to the office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead all activities within assigned projects including communicating with the business unit or functional management, establishing project milestones and deadlines, monitoring the progress of audit fieldwork, reporting progress to audit management, and proposing modifications to current procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency.
- Conduct internal audit procedures, compile audit findings, document and recommend remediation plans, and complete work papers in compliance with IIA standards as needed for financial, operational and compliance audits (including SOX-404).
- Draft complete audit reports that clearly and concisely describe issues identified (implications to the business unit and company as a whole) and provide value-added recommendations to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of controls/business processes.
- Contribute to the positive and team-oriented culture by maintaining cooperative and collaborative relationships (assisting other teams when necessary), facilitating the resolution of conflicts, sharing information, and accepting and providing feedback.
- Make oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discussing deficiencies and recommending corrective actions and process improvements.
- Perform timely follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues.
- Participate in special projects as requested by management
This position is ideally suited for an individual who is detail oriented and driven by growth and change. This individual should be extremely analytical, highly organized, have excellent time management skills and strong relationship management capabilities. Other qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities
- Preferred certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- 3-5 years of Financial/Operational Audit and SOX experience
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Preferred experience working for a big 4 CPA firm
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, and internal control areas is required, as is the comprehension of internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles, SOX, COSO and risk-assessment practices.
- In-depth knowledge of business processes, as well as process controls and risks, and an understanding of how this relates to relevant audit procedures
- Solid business acumen
- Possess strong project management abilities as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead change and have experience working in a fluid, changing environment
- Possess strong analytical skills and demonstrate the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and solve problems
- Ability to travel up to 30%