Senior Internal Auditor, IT
Successful travel and leisure company is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor, IT who will play a key role, under the direction of the Director, Internal Audit, in leading and executing the Company’s audit plan, including its SOX compliance plan and operational audits. This role requires strong audit knowledge, effective communication skills, solid business acumen, be able to work in a fluid, changing environment and have strong risk identification and control knowledge. The senior internal auditor must be able to work independently. The senior internal auditor will work closely with other internal auditors which could include internal audit co-source provider.
Additionally, while the Company is currently working remote, the expectation is that this position will be primarily office-based once employees are able to return to the office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Execute the SOX program including conducting walkthroughs, testing of IT general and automated controls, BP controls, identifying control gaps and deficiencies, and monitoring of remediation across a variety of systems.
· Execute and lead assigned IT operational audits from start to completion, including: planning, identifying risks, establishing objectives and scope of work, creating the audit program, performing the audit fieldwork, documenting work performed and results, and meeting audit project milestones.
· Participate in risk assessment and planning discussions to define audit objectives, scope, and develop audit programs based on the defined objectives.
· Develop remediation strategies/plans to assist control owners in enhancing the design and operating effectiveness of the internal control environment.
· Contribute to other internal department initiatives, such as training and development, developing and completing operational audits, and other internal reviews, as requested
This position is ideally suited for an individual who is detail oriented and driven by growth and change. This individual should be extremely analytical, highly organized, have excellent time management skills and strong relationship management capabilities. Other qualifications include:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Accounting, or Finance
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience within a Corporation’s Internal Audit function or public accounting experience.
· Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred
· Working knowledge of IT general controls; system development lifecycle methodology; and applications controls
· Experience performing assessments of IT cyber-security, data protection and / or PCI is a plus
· Strong attention to detail.
· Able to work through an array of information and pinpoint underlying root issues.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
· Ability to multitask; work on several projects at the same time; remain flexible against changing priorities
· Capable of understanding and developing alternative solutions for issues in a dynamic environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint functionality.
· Data analytics skills & experience a plus.
· Ability to travel up to 30%