Senior HR Generalist
Super successful machine manufacturer in Oxnard is seeking a Senior Human Resource Generalist to partner with the HR Manager, HR team members and business leaders to execute the company’s strategic business initiatives. The Sr. HRG provides a very high level of business data and analytics as well as related recommendations. This individual is responsible for the management of daily HR operations, including the administration of policies, procedures and programs.
Designs and administers human resources policies and procedures that cover multiple functional areas. Oversees and establishes procedures for document completion for functional area. Has sound knowledge of a wide variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
This individual often leads projects and may direct the work of others, gives support and guidance. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, and regularly exercises independent judgment and discretion. Typically reports to the department head and requires minimal supervision. The Sr. Generalist will also maintain strong relationships with management throughout the Company and provide leadership and guidance on various HR related topics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform many of the duties listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Expertise in HR fundamentals; working knowledge of current regulations and best practices.
· Sound judgment and problem solving skills.
· Strong organizational abilities, timeliness, attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through are essential.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
· Ability to both work independently and interact collaboratively in a team environment.
· Strong analytical mindset with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
· Ability to apply mathematical skills. Ability to deal with incomplete information.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to management and employees at all levels is required.
· High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
· Advanced proficiency in Excel features including pivot tables, vlookups, functions, etc.
· Demonstrated knowledge of HRIS and ATS
· Employees must exhibit honesty and integrity as well as demonstrate adherence to rules, procedures and policies.
· 0-5% travel required.
· Human Resources certification (PHR/SPHR and SHRM-CP/SCP) strongly preferred.
· HRIS experience (Ultimate Software).
· Project management experience.
· Reporting experience; advanced Excel knowledge such as VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, functions, etc.
· Language proficiency in Spanish.