Senior General Ledger Accountant
Very successful multi billion dollar company is looking for a new General Ledger Accountant. The Senior GL Accountant would be joining a newly formed accounting team who is responsible for handling the accounting of our new product. The Senior would be joining a brand-new team and brand-new product which means they would be heavily involved in the establishment of polices and procedures to ensure we are accurately accounting for the various transactions and that we are as efficient as possible. This role will not have any direct reports.
Additionally, while the Company’s accounting and finance department is currently working remote, the expectation is that this position will be primarily office-based once employees are able to return to the office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Heavily involved in projects surrounding the establishment of processes to properly account for the operating activities which will result in the revenue and discounts given .
· Gain full understanding of the accounting system (MXP) and work with staff to obtain all necessary reporting
· Prepare all necessary journal entries
· Perform monthly reconciliations from the MXP reports to our GL
· Prepare all cash related journals
· Prepare all payroll related journals
· Fixed Assets – Responsible for all areas of fixed asset accounting including asset additions (evaluating and documenting whether they are appropriate to capitalize), running depreciation, disposals, and impairment
· Prepaid Expenses – responsible for a) reviewing prepaid accounts to ensure all items meet the criteria of a prepaid asset, b) maintaining prepaid expense schedules, c) preparing the monthly amortization journal entries
· Expense Accruals - responsible for preparing monthly accrual schedules and journal entries for payroll, vacation, bonuses, audit, tax, and general overhead expenses including detailed review of open invoices and POs to ensure all accruals are accurate
· Assist tax team in pulling all necessary reports out of MXP and D365 so that calculations can be performed, and post monthly journals related to sales tax, income tax, property tax, etc.
· Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliation schedules for areas of involvement
· Prepare supporting documents and schedules for quarterly and annual audits
· Prepare various monthly and ad hoc reports for management
· Must have 5+ years of experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field
· Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP and IFSUM formulas)
· Strong analytical and communication skills
· Ability to think independently and exercise judgement in proposing solutions to issues encountered on a day-to-day basis
· Motivated self-starter with ability to think outside the box when problem solving
· Close attention to detail, able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Demonstrates positive attitude and takes a proactive approach
· Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus