Senior Front-End Software Engineer
The Front End Senior Software Engineer will have an extensive background in software engineering with excellent solution design skills. The Senior Software Engineer must have the ability to communicate effectively with software engineering teams at a technical level and effectively communicate with non-technical team members to ensure everyone has a complete and accurate understanding of solutions being developed. The Senior Software Engineer must have the ability to document processes, procedures, and best practices for the supported platforms and have the ability to filter and facilitate prioritization with stakeholders.
The Senior Software Engineer applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate to high complexity. The Senior Software Engineer owns design and development, and drives development of components through his/her own’ and subordinate engineers’ work. The Senior Engineer provides technical guidance and acts as a point of escalation and technical expert. The Senior Software Engineer designs and develops highly scalable software systems and applications.
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing custom web applications.
- Experience working and communicating with vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with diverse audience in a technical and non-technical manner.
- Strong understanding of multiple development methodologies including Agile.
- Ability to develop epics and stories in Jira or similar tools.
- Perform as first point contact for team to filter issues and prioritize future enhancements.
- Strong understanding of product management with focus on technology platforms and developing roadmaps for technology offerings.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Experience in organization running fully automated, end-to-end CI/CD processes.
- Strong understanding of software engineering and developing applications with a sense of forward and backward compatibility being considered in designs.
- Experience building dashboards and with a understanding of logging best practices, log aggregation with tools such as Splunk.
- Five to eight years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems.
- Experience in organizations practicing Agile best practices.
Significant Knowledge of Technologies & Concepts:
- CSS or LESS
- XML, JSON
- Angular 5 or above / Angular CLI
- Restify and Express
- REST API’s
- HMTL 5