Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting
Great hybrid opportunity for a public accountant looking to make the transition to private industry!
Successful billion dollar, luxury brand in the Valley is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that will report directly to the Financial Reporting Managers and the Director of Financial Reporting. The Senior Financial Analyst’s primary role is to be a key contributor to the Company’s financial reporting process and assist in the preparation of nearly 50 internal and external financial statements compiled monthly, quarterly and annually. The Senior Financial Analyst will ensure the integrity and accuracy of the financial statements with global International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”). The Financial Reporting team is also responsible for technical accounting and ad hoc projects. Additionally, while the Company’s accounting and finance department is currently working remote, the expectation is that this position will be primarily office-based once employees are able to return to the office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and tie down month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements (including notes to the financial statements) and other management reports
- Prepare global group reconciliations and analyses, whose primary purpose are to ensure local accounting teams are in compliance with IFRS and group accounting policies
- Prepare Excel schedules, using both system-generated reports and/or manual compilation of data, that support financial statement disclosures, balance sheet and P&L figures, month-end journal entries, etc.
- Assist in coordinating requests across accounting department worldwide
- Assist in implementing process improvement initiatives and control enhancements
- Assist in preparation of technical accounting analyses
- Prepare data as requested as needed for audits and reviews
- Other responsibilities and ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in the accounting or finance field
- Must have at least 1 years of experience working in financial reporting or public accounting, CPA a plus
- Aptitude for performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must have general knowledge of US GAAP, experience or exposure to IFRS a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365, OneStream or Blackline a plus
- Proficient in advanced Excel functions such as VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Problem-solver who enjoys working in a changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the desire and ability to identify, recommend and lead