GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Maintains policies and processes to manage the organization’s assets and obligations in order to meet financial goals, regulatory requirements, and operational needs. Responsibilities range from daily transaction processing to analysis of financial statements. The position requires a fundamental knowledge of accrual and tax basis accounting; proficiency with windows based computer software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General Ledger: Prepare and input recurring and non-recurring journal entries for both accrual and tax books. Prepare monthly general ledger supporting schedules and perform account analysis as required. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP and tax basis.
- Accounts Receivable, Review daily cash receipts. Maintain aging schedule. Track and apply receipts to Tenant Ledger.
- Accounts Payable: Review invoices, including vendor coding, approval verification, and budgetary review. Initiate daily & monthly check runs and input related data. Research and respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Assemble monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages. Prepare detailed analysis of balance sheet and income statement and research account variances in a timely manner. Generate schedules as required to support information disclosed in the reporting packages.
- Monitor daily cash balances, review monthly bank statements, prepare bank reconciliations and cash flow statements.
- Work closely with all RCMI associates on all issues including tenant and vendor related matters. Respond promptly via email and/or phone to all work related correspondence.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
· Word processing
· Strong Excel
· Fundamental understanding of tax and accrual basis accounting
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Detail oriented, Excellent work ethic
· Real Estate industry experience (preferable)
· Yardi Voyager property management software experience (preferable)