Our client is a well-established Real Estate Equity and Property Management company in Beverly Hills is seeking a Property Accountant. They have both commercial and residential properties as well as an in-house construction division. The company consistently recognizes its employees’ effort with awards, company outings and lunches while also paving a clear path for career advancement and promotion.
The Property Accountant will be assigned to a portfolio of assets and will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities for these assets.
- Prepare, maintain and review financial records, financial statements, property agreements, general ledgers, budgets, cash flows and review job costs reports.
- Process daily and month-end transactions including and not limited to receiving checks, posting receipts and preparing deposits, review and post payable invoices, tenant billing adjustments and so on.
- Review, validate and reconcile monthly bank statements, property taxes and balance sheets.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to leadership and internal departments such as accounting, investments, etc.
- Calculate monthly management fee on a timely basis and process it for payment.
- Keep track of all utility bills and ensure timely processing and payment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- 2+ years in full cycle accounting (preferably commercial or retail)
- Experience with CAM calculations
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP in income and expense accounting
- Strong communication skills for white glove service to tenants
- Expert level with Excel and real estate accounting software such as Yardi or MRI