This position is responsible for all payroll-related functions for our clients. As a lead of the Payroll Team reporting directly to the Director of Payroll, this position is responsible for assisting in designing and implementing payroll and HR related processes and procedures, supporting new client onboarding, and providing training to both client staff and internal staff, ensuring consistent and accurate payroll processing, tax payments, & time off tracking.
· Train both client staff and internal payroll staff on payroll processes and procedures and ensure on going compliance with established processes, including training on preparing payments of payroll liabilities,403b,and other employee with holdings such as garnishments and monthly.
· Support Payroll Team with the onboarding process for new clients and work proactively with Clerks and Coordinators to ensure high-quality service delivery both during onboarding and after onboarding is complete.
· Proactively build, maintain and improve client relationships and support the team in doing the same.
· Process Payroll and review payroll reports for accuracy prior to submission.
· Support Payroll Team in paying clients, employees by directing the production and issuance of pay checks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
· Support Payroll Team in maintaining internal quality and operational efficiency by planning, monitoring, and appraising work results of payroll staff.
· Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability ,and non taxable wages.
· Reconcile and pay payroll tax liabilities and track time off based on individual client policies.
· Enter payroll journal entries as needed into the accounting system and provide to the accounting team for review and posting.
· Assist in processing quarterly payroll tax returns and annual W-2s
· In connection with year-end audit, prepare audit workpapers related to payroll and support audit related work to be done if asked.
· Assist in documenting new payroll processes and procedures.
· Focus on continued process improvement and increased efficiency for clients using the latest industry developments and technology.
· Assist in setting up new client payroll database and populating all payroll related data received, i.e. employee demographic information, beginning balances if applicable, establishing earn, deduction, and benefit codes.
· Serve as backup for the Payroll Manager as needed , review payrolls ,process quarterlies ,process W2s.
Generally, any combination of education that would provide the required knowledge and skills for successful performance would qualify. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
EDUCATION:A High school diploma and related work experience is required, but a bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting ,public administration or a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
· Five to seven(5-7)years of related experience
· Full Cycle Payroll for 1000+employees
· Purposes, methods, and practices of financial and accounting recordkeeping
· Basic accrual accounting principles and procedures
· Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills. Advanced skills are a plus.
· Proper and effective use of English grammar and communication skills (oral and written)