A Business Management Consultant firm in the San Fernando Valley is seeking a Payroll Administrator. This position is responsible for all payroll-related functions for their clients. As a lead of the Payroll Team reporting directly to the Director of Payroll, this position is responsible for assisting in designing and implementing payroll and HR related processes and procedures, supporting new client onboarding, and providing training to both client staff and internal staff, ensuring consistent and accurate payroll processing, tax payments, & time off tracking.
THE IDEA CANDIDATE POSSESS THE ABILITY TO:
- Maintain, encourage and participate in a close and highly collaborative team environment with clients and staff
- Adapt quickly to change
- Learn the appropriate rules, regulations and technical procedures specifically related to processing payroll for non-profit organizations.
- Understand and carry out directions in an independent manner
- Perform arithmetic calculations accurately and rapidly
- Prepare a variety of accurate financial reports and summaries
- Identify and correct errors in mathematical computations and financial documents
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Train both client staff and internal payroll staff on payroll processes and procedures and ensure ongoing compliance with established processes, including training on preparing payments of payroll liabilities,403b,and other employee withholdings such as garnishments, monthly.
- Support Payroll Team with the onboarding process for new clients and work proactively with Clerks and Coordinators to ensure high-quality service delivery both during onboarding and after onboarding is complete.
- Proactively build, maintain and improve client relationships and support the team in doing the same.
- Process Payroll and review payroll reports for accuracy prior to submission.
- Support Payroll Team in paying clients’ employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Support Payroll Team in maintaining internal quality and operational efficiency by planning, monitoring, and appraising work results of payroll staff.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non taxable wages
- Reconcile and pay payroll tax liabilities and track time off based on individual client policies.
- Enter payroll journal entries as needed into the accounting system and provide to the accounting team for review and posting.
- Assist in processing quarterly payroll tax returns and annual W-2s
- In connection with year end audit, prepare audit work papers related to payroll and support audit related work to be done if asked.
- Assist in documenting new payroll processes and procedures.
- Focus on continued process improvement and increased efficiency for clients using the latest industry developments and technology.
- Assist in setting up new client payroll database and populating all payroll related data received, i.e. employee demographic information, beginning balances if applicable, establishing earn, deduction, and benefit codes.
- Serve as backup for the Payroll Manager as needed, i.e. review payrolls, process quarterlies, process W2s.
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Proven experience and comfort with multiple Payroll/Timekeeping system implementations
- Full Cycle Payroll for 1000+ employees
EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING IS A PLUS:
- Any third-party payroll database experience, such as ADP, Paychex
- Abila Non-Profit Accounting (formerly Sage MIP)
- Nonprofit Experience
- Knowledge of STRS and PERS
- Knowledge of Payroll compliance
- HR Knowledge
- Some supervisory or managerial level/ has had experience managing individuals