NLP Engineer – HRI
As an NLP Engineer for Human-Robot Interactions at the North America Research and Development Center, you will work with our talented team members to drive our innovative research and development for our next-generation service robotic product.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Define and execute both the short-term and long-term R&D and engineering plans for NLP technologies to support current and next-generation product development and frontier research.
- Work with the local and global business, product, and R&D teams to define the requirements of the HRI and NLP functionalities of our new service robot platform and products. Convert the designs into technical development requirements.
- As the owner of NLP subsystems, responsible for creating core technical components and interfaces for voice HRI, including, but not limited to spoken dialogue systems, acoustic scene analysis, multi-modal emotion detection, etc.
- Track the state-of-the-art technology and conduct frontier fundamental and applied R&D.
- Actively attend international conferences and forums, present our work, publish research articles, and file invention patents.
- Build connections and collaborations with academia institutions and industrial partners.
- Ph.D in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Strong Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing background.
- Hands on experience in Deep Learning and Natural Language Understanding
- Proficient in Python. Ability to write clean and efficient code without supervision.
- Experience with deep learning / NLP toolkits, e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spacy, NLTK.
- Comfortable working on Linux platform, e.g., Ubuntu.
- Trackable research work with strong publications in the area of Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills. Self-motivated and passionate about the robotics and AI.
- Full proficiency in English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- 2 or more years of experience in successfully conducting applied research or developing products in industrial domains.
- Hands-on experience in designing conversational systems for Spoken Dialogue Systems.
- Signal processing skills.
- Experience in C++ and ROS.
- Experience working in speech technologies such as Automatic Speech Recognition, Speech Synthesis or Speaker Recognition.
- Passionate about exploring new areas and implement innovative ideas and concepts of Speech and NLP algorithms in company’s products.
- Strong connection with global technical leaders, and academia researchers.
- Work both independently and with other team members in a dynamic, and face-paced environment.
- Excellent skills of communicating with executive management team.