We have an opening on our existing network team for a candidate who possesses the right blend of networking skills and experience. The Network Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of networking equipment, routing protocol changes, ISP technical relationships, and overall network QoS within the organization and between organizations. The Network Engineer is also responsible for the availability of network services including but not limited to VPN, shared drives, VoIP phone system, and other items which pertain to the usability of company networks. Provides hands-on and on-site assistance as necessary to support the build-out and deployment of new equipment within our offices as needed. Some day-to-day duties may include installation, configuration, updating, and troubleshooting of various network devices. The candidate should have strong communication skills, be able to work well with team members, provide excellent customer service internally and externally.
Responsibilities will include:
- Updating firewall policies, switches, and routing as needed and requested.
- Identifying meaningful performance metrics, making recommendations to improve these metrics, and implementing approved changes.
- Create and maintain detailed physical and logical network diagrams and design documents as well as step by step processes and procedures.
- Work closely with Network and IT personnel to maintain stability, ensure firewalls and switches adhere to best practices and meet security requirements.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems and user requests through an established ticketing system.
- Occasional visits to our primary datacenter in El Segundo, CA.
- Participate in after hours on call rotation or as scheduled to perform maintenance outside of normal business hours.
- Coordinate with ISP as needed.
- Understand, support, enforce and comply with departmental and company policies, procedures and Standards of Business Ethics and Conduct.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5 or more years of Networking experience.
- Installation, configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of various brands of firewalls, switches, and wireless access points.
- Experience with LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, BGP, OSPF, and DDoS mitigation.
- Ability to understand and implement complex routing.
- Comfortable with the full range of layer 1-7 technologies and protocols.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals and procedural documentation then explain it to non-technical colleagues.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an environment without direct supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
*****This position is remote/hybrid but does require on-call rotation****
Compensation includes an attractive 401K. Health insurance (medical, dental and vision) and more!