Manager of Internal Audit
Looking for a Manager of Internal Auditor to add to our Internal Audit team. This individual will be responsible for leading and executing operational and financial projects. This position requires hands-on with day-to-day audit and compliance activities for both domestic and international operations. You will play an integral part in establishing a SOX Framework.
Perform risk-based operational, financial and compliance audit and process improvement projects.
Evaluate and select appropriate approach, procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and defined program steps.
Conduct interviews, review documents, compose summary memos and review working papers.
Facilitating staff as they evaluate internal controls design; identify key risks and controls, develop and or review audit programs, including evaluating benchmarks and perform controls optimization;
Managing resource requirements; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks
Identify, develop and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment. Communicate or assist in communicating the results of projects via written reports and oral presentations.
Support the Company’s SOX compliance process.
Driving the development of and maintenance of a SOX program. Planning and managing the execution of the SOX program in collaboration with management
Managing the completion of risk and materiality assessments, scoping documents and risk and controls matrices across the organization including information technology.
Perform process walkthroughs, control rationalizations and review work papers related to key control testing to monitor operating effectiveness of key business process internal controls and identify possible breakdowns or gaps.
Coordinate with members of Accounting and IT as needed to update and maintain SOX documentation for all significant business processes and IT systems in accordance with applicable guidance.
Actively participate in the maintenance of the Internal Audit department operating policies and procedures including but not limited to audit methodology, documentation requirements and reporting standards.
Make recommendations on ways to improve audit work processes. Develop and maintain productive relationships with members of company management and staff.
Exemplify and advocate the company culture, values, principles and high ethical standards.
Provide guidance, training and other assistance to process owners in the documentation and assessment of internal controls.
· Leadership experience in an Internal Audit Function for a large, complex organization
· Sound knowledge and experience applying Internal Audit techniques, methodologies, standards, tools, and best practices
· Working knowledge of legal, regulatory and compliance issues associated with U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, Foreign Corrupt Practices and COSO Internal Controls framework.
· SOX 404, Internal Audit - financial, operational, compliance spaces
· Proficient with Windows, MS Office (Excel, Word), Visio, Outlook
· Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
· Strong interpersonal skills required, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
· High-energy, hands-on, results-oriented individual with focus on getting things done, but also a ‘big picture’ thinker. Strong leadership, initiative, and passion for helping to support continuous improvement and value creation
· Able to quickly grasp complex subject matter (both technical and business processes) and apply strong analytical skills and business orientation to assessing processes, risks and controls.
· Ability to lead a team which could include co-source service provider.
Education: Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
Relevant certification(s): CIA, CPA, CISA etc.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in internal auditing, external auditing, SOX compliance, business analysis.
• Public accounting experience preferred.
· Ability to travel up to 50% and work extended hours as needed