MUST LOVE ROBOTS!!
We have an immediate full-time, on-site, opportunity with a global AI and technology company for a Senior Industrial Designer - Hardware and Design. You will work closely with product managers and engineering teams to develop the concepts and styles for next-gen service robotic products, which have been significantly impacting the global market and changing the world. You will be part of the team challenged to push the boundary of R&D of the service robot industry and create game-changing robotic products.
Essentially You Will:
- Own the Industrial Design of a series of Service Robots
- Work with R&D teams to research potential customers and use cases and determine the characteristics/features of new robot products.
- Work with Product Managers to develop business plans to market new product concepts/designs to potential customers
- Sketch out ideas based on outputs from design brainstorming sessions. Create renderings in ID software and develop 3D models to illustrate these ideas
- Build the prototypes of various designs to help customers visualize the design
- Present the ID renderings or demonstrate the prototypes to stake holders
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers to develop an appealing design
- Evaluate and validate the design with the R&D team
- Track the state-of-the-art ID designs, develop and maintain unique style.
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to present products.
- Domestic and international travels required for internal or external meetings, conferences, and partner discussions
- At least 5 years of industrial experience.
- Meticulous attention to details
- Proficient in major ID software, including Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Alias, Siemens NX, AutoCAD or Rhino with hands-on skills
- Experience in SolidWorks and 3D Printing for rapid prototyping
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated, analytical and artistic. Passionate about the robotics and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to work at different working locations when necessary
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- 5 or more years of industrial design experience with an enriched portfolio with examples of the best design projects
- Industrial designer with knowledge of strategic planning, marketing, branding, manufacturing and project management
- Passionate about combining art and engineering. Incorporating usability and aesthetics to implement innovative ideas and concepts in products
- Customer focus and engagement with solid skills of strategical yet creative thinking, business acumen, and excellent execution to meet product design requirements and deadlines
- Work both independently, with other team members, and lead ID design efforts in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment