ICFR Internal Controls Specialist (IT)
Successful large nationwide company is looking for a new ICFR Internal Controls Specialist (IT).
This is a 100% remote opportunity so all applicants anywhere in the US are welcome.
- Evaluates and/or tests design and operating effectiveness of all documented financial reporting, operational and compliance controls.
- Monitors emerging NAIC accounting issues related to the Model Audit Rule (MAR) to ensure the Internal Control Framework (ICF) methodology, documentation, test plans and results meet regulatory requirements.
- Prepares and/or reviews ICF Documentation and Evaluation for all in scope financial and company-level processes and coordinates the remediation of any Issues & Actions.
- Reviews ICF test plans and documentation of testing results and conclusions for all in scope financial and company-level processes and coordinates the remediation of any identified documentation issues and/or control deficiencies.
- Coordinates and oversees ICF Sustainability through the Quarterly Process Owner (PO) ICF controls certification, Process Change Impact Assessments, and Key Control & MRCA Validation efforts.
- Assists the Manager in planning testing efforts.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares/reviews the Annual ICF Process Re-Scoping based concurrent Financial Statements and Risk-Based assumptions
- Prepares/maintains/reviews ICF Documentation and Evaluation of Design and Operational Effectiveness assessment or testing of existing Control Activities (CAs) and Managerial Review of Control Activities (MRCA) Validation Techniques for all in-scope processes related to all in-scope locations/companies to ensure that assessments or testing are performed, documented, and results reported in a consistent manner with Risk and Control team guidelines.
- Coordinates/validates/reviews remediated ICF Documentation Issues and/or Control Deficiencies Coordinates/oversees the Quarterly ICF Process Owner (PO) Control Environment Certification process for all in-scope locations/companies.
- Evaluates/reviews new, enhanced, and/or revised ICF in-scope processes to ensure proper controls are established or continue to be present, control gaps or weaknesses are identified and recommends proper controls required to meet ICF, Audit, and external regulatory guidelines.
- Prepares/executes/reviews standard test plans, methodology, documentation of testing results and conclusions to ensure established standards maximize efficiency and effectiveness of ICF testing of Control Activities and Managerial Review of Control Activities.
- Performs quality assurance reviews to ensure compliance with ICF Standards and Governance guidelines. Prepares/reviews annual ICF testing project plan, assignment of test work to appropriate testing personnel, and periodic reporting of project status.
- Elevate potential control weaknesses to appropriate levels of management when necessary.
- Interacts with External and Internal audit teams and Process Owners to ensure that all questions are addressed timely and appropriately.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met timely. Refines and improves the current ICF documentation, controls testing, monitoring, and reporting processes.
- Monitors emerging external regulatory and compliance issues, such as those related to the NAIC’s MAR, and proposed changes to Internal Control Framework practices and/or scoping.
- Evaluates impact on existing in-scope process Documentation controls evaluation, methodology, test plans/results.
- Recommends appropriate action and implements new/revised ICF documentation, test plans/results, methodology to assure continued compliance.
- Provides research, development and completion of special projects and performs other duties/tasks as assigned.
- External candidates should have a minimum of five or more years of Public Accounting experience with emphasis in internal controls testing.
Special Skill Requirement
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio Flowcharting.
- MS Access, Visual Basic, or similar skills a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CMA, MBA, Masters or similar required.