- Reviews full-cycle accounting of assigned portfolio of fund(s), co-investments, investments including preparation and analysis of the financial statements, general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers, budgets, cash flow projections and review of job cost reports
- Applies knowledge of accounting and tax issues to determine impact on operations and cash flows in preparing asset and fund level models. Update and analyze results at least quarterly for internal monitoring and external track records
- Prepare and/or review fund, co-investment, and investment level financial statements to meet lender reporting requirements and work with Financial Reporting to assist in the preparation or review of financial statements to meet investor requirements.
- Works closely with Financial Reporting and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to prepare and aggregate fund and investment cash flow projections and analysis by applying corporate finance concepts, including cost of capital and time value of money
- Preparation, review and presentation of internal financial reporting and analysis, including asset management reports. Includes updating actual results, variance analysis for budget/underwriting to results, including investigation and comments, and documents the differences between results and budget/underwriting, and cash flow analysis
- Analysis of fund and investment operations; accurately applies distribution allocations to calculate incentive allocations and performance returns applying knowledge of legal agreements and fund structure, including complex co-invest and joint venture structures, and fund and property level debt agreements
- Coordinate with Financial Reporting with respect to fulfilling ongoing and ad hoc requests from investors for financial information
- Assist the appraisal team regarding the investment level appraisals, including review of inputs, qualitative aspects and resulting fair value adjustments
- Prepare and/or review contribution and distribution calculations, summaries and notices as needed for funds, co-investments and joint ventures
- Prepare and/or review waterfall calculations as needed for funds, co-investments and joint ventures
- Provide information for and take part in Q&A for audits, tax preparation and appraisals. Work with internal and external parties to ensure the accuracy of the data gathered and the accuracy of the output from that data.
- Work remotely, nights and weekends as needed and with short notice (for time sensitive requests)
- Work as a part of a sub-group within private fund accounting, that is complementary to operational groups, performing duties related to quarterly accounting closes and reporting, and technical memo preparation, as necessary
- Operate standard office equipment