Leading Real Estate/Private Equity company is seeking a Fund Accountant. The position will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting of assigned funds as well as cash controls for the bank accounts associated with these funds.
· Assist in preparation and analysis of financial statements, general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers, and cash flow projections for assigned funds.
· Perform daily activities such as daily cash entries, review and post payable invoices, and perform bank reconciliations.
· Create, reconcile, verify and validate all entries and postings to balance sheet and income statement accounts.
· Provide accurate and timely financial information to other internal departments such as Investments and Asset Management, as well as lenders, consultants, etc. by established deadlines.
· Prepare contribution and distribution calculations, summaries and notices as needed.
· Prepare quarterly management fee calculations, journal entries, and notices as needed.
· Coordinate and assist with the completion of investor specific templates with the Asset Reporting team
· Provide information for and take part in Q&A for audits, tax preparation and appraisals.
· Ad hoc projects including system implementation and departmental integration
· Prepare correspondence related to finance for numerous departments including Investor Relations and Investments.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Related Field.
· 2+ years’ experience
· Real estate/private equity/fund accounting experience.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
· Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP accounting.
· Experience in Yardi, MRI, J. D. Edwards or comparable software.