Financial Applications IT Lead
Global Consumer Goods company is a Financial Applications Lead to join their team!
In this role, the Financial Applications IT Solutions Lead will provide business support and improvements utilizing a broad applications portfolio for all finance and accounting management processes that involve collecting, processing, and presenting accurate financial data. These “Record to Report” business processes include a full suite of SAP HANA-enabled on-premises and cloud products, along with non-SAP platforms such as: Oracle Hyperion, BOA High Radius, Blackline, and xSuite.
- Work independently and lead solutions and liaise with business teams along with the larger Digital Technologies team and 3rd parties to support the incident resolution.
- Leading design of FI/CO interfaces, conversion programs, reports, and enhancements.
- Lead fit/gap workshops and present system solution alternatives to business leaders and process owners.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build meaningful recommendations.
- Lead various Digital Technology team initiatives across various financial process by implementing leading edge technologies like Machine learning, RPA, AI and other innovative technologies.
- Responsible for the support of a production SAP environment for SAP Finance & Controlling processes in spanning General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Fixed Assets, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Order, Product Costing, & COPA.
- Responsible for supporting product cost planning, product cost controlling including material ledger and actual costing.
- Support integration with other SAP modules - Sales & Distribution, Material Management, Production Planning and Plant Maintenance with FI/CO for a manufacturing environment.
- Support reporting using Business Intelligence Tools (BW, BOBJ, DWC & SAC).
- Must be able to understand and translate business processes into effective SAP FI/CO solutions and configurations,
- Prototype activities and prepare functional design specifications for enhancement projects and change requests.
- Work with developers in completing technical work to meet these specifications.
- Support special scenarios like intercompany sales, and integration of LES-TM using shipping cost documents.
- Ability to perform process decomposition, root cause analysis, gap analysis, and blueprint definition.
- Verify that solutions provided within SAP fulfill the needs of the business in a way that will be embraced and accepted by the business.
- Guide the business to adopt processes and functions that are supported by the SAP products with the least amount of enhancement and modifications as possible.
- Responsible for following all IT Service Model (ITSM) processes and operations to comply with corporate policy, IT policy, and JSOX General Computer Controls (ITGC).
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, & Skills Requirements:
- A minimum of at least eight (8) years of SAP FI/CO configuration and support in a mid to large-sized organization.
- Multiple full life-cycle SAP implementation projects with hands-on Waterfall and Agile project management experience.
- Strong configuration skills in product costing, and fixed assets.
- Experience working within a global organization spanning multiple time zones.
- Business process analysis and redesign experience: strong business analysis skills; process mapping; business process redesign and support design implementation
- Possesses full technical knowledge of systems analysis and has deep knowledge of the business; implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Assume the role of Solution leader, on business-driven IT initiatives, including technical upgrades.
- Experience working with financial solutions beyond SAP products such as: High Radius (AR automation), xSuite (AP invoice automation tools) and Blackline (financial close automation tools).
- Working with analytics tools like SAP Analytics Cloud and Business Objects.
- Strong SAP FI configuration experience in ECC 6.0/S4 HANA version dealing with end-to-end SAP RTR functionality.
- Expert knowledge in the integration of SAP FICO with other modules including MM, Logistics Execution, Transportation, and product planning execution.
- Proficient in all software development life cycle (SDLC) phases.
- Deep knowledge of the following RTR areas within SAP:
- General Ledger (Organization structure, Document splitting, Chart of accounts, NEW GL, CO-FI integration).
- Accounts Receivables (master data, business transactions).
- Accounts Payables including LIV and GR/IR processing (master data, business transactions, automatic payment configuration).
- Fixed Assets (org structure, Chart of depreciation, depreciation keys, asset transactions
- Bank Accounting Setup.
- CO Setup (org structures, versions, valuation profiles).
- Cost Center Setup, cost center hierarchy, price setup (manual and automatic), Activity planning, Cost center planning, Assessments, and Reporting).
- Internal Order (order type, budget and commitment, settlements, reporting).
- Product Costing in any process industry. CPG industry experience is preferred.
- Product Cost Planning: Master data setup, Costing Variants, Joint & Byproducts, Mixed Costing, Costing Run, templates and overheads,
- Product Cost Controlling: variance calculation, work in progress, settlements.
- Material Ledger: Actual valuation, PUP calculation, Alternative Valuation
- COPA – Setup of Operating concerns, COPA structure, mapping of value fields, derivation rules, valuation strategy, COPA planning, integration of product costing to COPA, COPA assessments, Top-down allocations, and summarizations.
- Setup of automatic accounting from SD and MM,
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- Able to assimilate knowledge of SAP and other systems and see them as a collective whole.
- Able to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Able to provide realistic estimates for solutions.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Highly motivated and committed to see problems through to resolution even beyond normal working hours.
Education & Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical major.
- Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and utilize a variety of office equipment. Ability to lift minimum 15 lbs. and reach overhead.
- Minimal travel up to 10% to understand key functional requirements and for training.