Director of Client Finance
- Supervises financial and accounting services and provides direction in financial statement preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense tracking by grant, grant reporting – for both governmental and private grants, and ad hoc reporting as requested
- Reviews all financial statements as prepared by the accounting department to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Prepares annual budgets and monthly forecasts for clients while providing valuable insight as to their financial condition
- Oversees the annual financial and governmental A-133 audits – which would include work paper preparation, liaison with auditors and understanding of the governmental programs
- Oversees and ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all compliance reporting
- Serves as a fiscal liaison to Authorizers, Counties, State and Federal Agencies
- Provides training to client staff to ensure internal controls are properly implemented and followed
- Works with organizational leaders and other executives to ensure financial information is properly communicated
- Exceeds clients’ expectations both in terms of quality and accuracy of information at all times
- Develops and maintains long-term relationships with client leadership and staff • Maintains up to date knowledge of the industry and related funding through regular professional development
- Mentors staff to ensure continued professional growth within the firm
QUALIFICATIONS: Generally, any combination of education that would provide the required knowledge and skills for successful performance would qualify. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting is highly desired.
- 7 years of experience, a portion of which includes oversight and development of staff is required.
- Experience in a professional service firm, such as a CPA firm is a plus.
- Experience in finance and operations is a plus.
- Non-profit accounting experience is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant is highly desired, but not required.
- Maintain, encourage and participate in a close and highly collaborative team environment with clients and staff.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Self-starter - able to prioritize and multi-task without daily direct supervision.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Knowledge of Abila/Sage Non-Profit Accounting and Paychex/ADP software.