Design Engineer / Engineering Supervisor
Small Medical Device Company is seeking a Design Engineer / Engineer Supervisor. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the process of taking market research and input from the Product Collaboration Team and turning that input into output including drawings, models, prototypes and final product. It is expected that this process will not only bring to fruition the ideas of the team, but will enhance those ideas through application of state of the art technologies, active problem solving and creative design. The position is also responsible for supervising all engineering activities including support of Production, Quality Management and customers.
- Develop design concepts in 3D based on guidance from the Director of Engineering, always ensuring quality, conformity to appropriate standards, proper design for manufacturing and usability.
- Advance 3D concepts to physical models constituting rapidly produced prototypes for field evaluation and input.
- Effectively anticipate durability, electronic, fluid dynamic and pressure requirements.
- Work in coordination with CEO/Engineering and the Product Collaboration Team to develop new product, acting as Project Manager for the design project.
- Identify outside engineering consultants to complete portions of the design project that are outside the scope of expertise of inside staff to engineer specific aspects of the project.
- Negotiate fees and manage the outside engineering consultants.
- Work in coordination with Sales and Marketing and the Director of Engineering to improve and upgrade existing product.
- Manage the Engineer.
- Identify solutions to improve production efficiency.
- Support production with technical assistance to ensure continued productivity.
- Maintain existing engineering records and designs per the Design Procedure.
- Assess all engineering prototypes to determine issues or risks. Participate in FMEA analysis of existing products.
- Estimate cost limits and budgets for new designs.
- Coordinate with production to ensure a successful transfer of new designs.
- Maintain appropriate timelines, calendars and documentation in order to guide work and communicate progress and upcoming milestones to other departments.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in design engineering, engineering, product design, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to practically solve problems of a mathematical, spatial or functional nature.
- Proficient in MS Office and popular design software, including Solidworks.
- Ability to manage time effectively, including the ability to set and attain goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments to make meaningful improvements in processes, products and costs.
(Medical, Dental, Life, ST/LT disability w/Company pay 75% medical premiums, and 100% disability) Paid Time Off after 30 days, Paid holidays.