Cost or Senior Cost Accountant
Responsible for maintaining the standard cost system, implementing methods and procedure as needed. Assist in month end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, and analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward. Compare actual costs to estimates and analyze variances. Maintaining accurate costs in the system, developing new product costs, and other cost accounting functions as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verify accuracy of inventory value at standard cost (Items Costs, Bills of Materials, Routings)
- Prepare the monthly inventory valuation schedule and reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Assist in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory and COGS
- Become the subject matter expert on costing, inventory
- Calculate annual labor and overhead rates and explain fluctuations from prior periods
- Monitor inventory transactions, work with Operations to eliminate recurring errors
- Develop monthly inventory reports and variance analysis
- Develop monthly COGS and gross margin analysis
- Perform current cost roll-up and standard cost updates throughout the year and annually
- Create/manage weekly operations reporting, which includes preparing the files, identifying manufacturing variances and helping stakeholders to understand their data.
- Analyze manufacturing variances from standard cost and report on the impact of those variances (both projected and historical)
- Assist in the annual audits, both internal and external as required
- Preparing monthly journal entries as needed
- Investigate inventory adjustments, work with Operations to eliminate recurring errors
- Special projects as required; all other duties as assigned