Super successful apparel industry company with a great company culture in Downtown LA is looking for a Controller. Reports to the COO. Great opportunity for a Senior Accounting Manager looking an opportunity to run the show.
The primary responsibility of the Controller is to plan, analyze and direct accounting and financial strategy.
We are looking for someone that is excited about creating a Finance department from the ground up. A person will thrive in this role if they enjoy taking initiative, are innovative, curious, and work best without being micromanaged. This is a great opportunity to work outside of the Corporate finance world, build lasting relationships, and put a stamp on operational and financial processes within a growing company.
This candidate should have experience working closely with Owners/Executives and be excited about mentoring our Operational team members.
We have high employee ratings on both work/life balance and employee wellbeing!
We have a workday of 9am-4pm, have full benefits (health, dental, vision), matching 401K, holidays, sick and flexible time off. Additionally, we provide free lunch/snacks in-office and have multiple employee events throughout the year.
● Mentors Operational Team Members that are involved in accounting, financial tracking, and reporting.
● Implements internal control policies and procedures for all financial activities.
● Oversees employee financial training programs and identifies training needs.
● Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
● Analyses business + financial data along with industry trends to make financial recommendations.
● Develops financial plans, reports and models for organizational leaders.
● Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company's performance.
● Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
● Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on development, pricing, and licensee partnerships.
● Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
● Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
● Evaluates capital expenditures and depreciation.
● Develops automated reporting and forecasting tools for more efficient use of data.
● Performs other duties as required.
● Valid driver's license required.
● Must be able to lift or move up to 15 lbs using proper lifting techniques.
● Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
● Ability to work successfully without supervision.
● Desire to take initiative and present ideas/projects without direction.
● Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel + Google Sheets.
● Excellent management and mentor skills.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills.
● Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in big data analysis.
● Willingness to complete administrative tasks and provide high-level strategic support.
● Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
● 8-12 years or more of related experience required.
● Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.