An apparel manufacturing company in Los Angeles is seeking a Controller to join their company.
- Ensure adequate daily cashflow by monitoring bank and factor account balances.
- Forecast weekly, monthly, and quarterly cashflow based on shipping, factor receipts, expenses.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of all bank and factor accounts.
- Collaborate with other department managers (customer service, shipping, production) to maintain accurate inventory.
- Engage with a factor account representative for audits, inventory reporting, etc.
- Engage with external CPA’s for year-end reviews, corporate/shareholder tax filings, etc.
- Interface with external consultants for various finance/accounting related matters, e.g. R&D tax credits.
- Manage two direct reports: AP and AR/Chargebacks.
- Responsible for timely filing of local, state, and, if necessary, federal reports, licenses, registrations, etc.
- Manage all IT-related activities with the assistance of a third party IT consulting group.
- Act as the Client's primary point of contact to the landlord (Commerce warehouse/office).
- Coordinate all HR-related activities, including state-mandated training, conflict resolution, etc.
- Oversee semi-monthly payroll (ADP).
- Serve as Client's 401(k) plan administrator.
- Coordinate employee benefits with respective brokers for health, dental, vision, and life insurances.
- 3+ years in the garment textile industry preferred
- Accounting experience working with a company generating 40MM plus in sales
- Experience with factoring of accounts receivable
- Must be a degreed accountant
- QuickBooks software required