Our client is global leader in the design and manufacturing of single-use systems and components for drug and vaccine manufacturing and other biotech applications. Their core manufacturing capabilities include injection molding, cleanroom assembly, tubing extrusion, injection-stretch blow molding, fabrication, and other proprietary technologies. They have a global footprint of 5 manufacturing sites worldwide with redundant capabilities in place to provide our customers with an unrivaled level of vertical integration and supply-chain security
The Plant Controller manages all financial accounting activities including general and cost accounting, payables/receivables, and payroll. Ensures the plant's financial control processes and systems comply with company policies and applicable regulations
- Lead the execution of the recurring financial month-end close process including preparation of month-end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Enhance accounting systems and processes, particularly those related to billing, while creating and maintaining internal controls.
- Provide daily oversight to other accounting staff in order to ensure seamless invoicing, AR, AP, inventory costing, and payroll processes.
- Lead the Financial Planning process including annual budget and quarterly reforecast.
- Manage all facets of local audits, including interfacing with annual financial auditors, 401(k) audits, etc.
- Prepare and lead the Financial Closing process ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Coordinate with department leadership to ensure that all financial transactions and reports are complete and accurate.
- Ensure compliance with corporate procedures and reporting requirements, local statutory and legal requirements.
- Analyze production costs and collaborate with Operations and Engineering to determine root causes and corrective actions relative to the main standard vs. actual variances (PPV, labor productivity, and manufacturing variances).
- Develop and update standard costs for material and labor / overhead.
- Ensure accurate and timely process of product cost roll-up and annual standard cost.
- Evaluate inventory valuation and inventory reserve calculations and recommend necessary adjustments.
- Obtain variance analysis in Manufacturing against weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts.
- Perform capital spend plans and manage the capital appropriation request process (CAR).
- Manage Net Working Capital, with a focus on A/R, A/P and inventory optimization.
- Organize a monthly and rolling forecast.
- Conduct cost modeling and scenario analyses for strategic initiatives, cost improvement projects and other business improvement ideas.
- Coordinate special projects and ad hoc analyses to further support process excellence and profitable growth.
- Recommend and implement programs to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and reduce costs
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Proven experience in a manufacturing environment using standard and actual costing methods.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems (Syteline strongly preferred) and Business Intelligence tools.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, formulas, lookups, analytics, Analysis ToolPak, and effective model building).
- Strong business, and management accounting experience required, supplemented with data mining, and business intelligence capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a teamwork environment.
- Proven FP&A experience in analyzing and reporting operational and financial performance for a full P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Proven experience with budgeting and forecasting. • Experience in a rapid growth environment preferred.
- Requires valid CA Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration and minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, including prior successful financial controllership experience
- Blue Shield Benefits:
- Client pays 75% of the premium for employee coverage for the following benefits:
- Medical (HMO & PPO options)
- Dental (PPO)
- Vision (in-network & out-of-network options)
- 401K Employer match 100% (dollar for dollar) on payroll contributions up to 3%
- 3 weeks PTO
- 9 Holidays
- 2 Floating Holidays