- Creating the “Culture” of executing Safe, Timely, Accurate and Reliable movement of customers’ product through our facilities, while ensuring all personnel are in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, OSHA, Company and Customer Rules & Regulations.
- Has oversite over day-to-day warehouse logistic operations while minimizing problems in general warehouse management of multiple facilities.
- Will ensure that the warehouse achieves a number of standard goals set by the company in the areas of cost, service level, order accuracy and handling.
- Primarily be a communicator and organizer, often involved in physical work in loading and unloading of goods in and out of the warehouse and/or arranging location of goods within the warehouse.
- Is required to know all the processes for the movements within his/her terminal scope and ensure that the processes are being adhered to and that all personnel are fully trained and are receiving schedule training events to upgrade and reinforce their skills.
- The Branch Manager must ensure that all material handled in the warehouse is treated with care and take the responsibility of handling such material with a sense of ownership.
- 100% accuracy of inventories within their facilities and that all material is checked and inspected before it is received or shipped.
- Performance of the Branch fleet, ensuring on time delivery expectations are met as well as DOT regulatory compliance for the fleet and Class A, B, and C Drivers
- Must ensure all tasks are performed safely and following company guidelines
- Maintain budgets and environmental standards, fulfilling any obligations given by a higher office
- Responsible for all direct reports participating in daily safety startups and documenting such meetings.
- Oversee all personnel have completed training regarding safety process, equipment usage, systems and product movement
- Interact with management personnel regarding daily performance feedback and performance reviews
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and inspected according to Company and Regulator requirements
- Ensure all personnel are following Wage and Hour rules
- Branch Manager must be able to deal with general management and strategic planning whilst also able to involve themselves in practical work on the warehouse floor
- Conduct regular stock of the inventory, keeping systems up to date by producing regular reports, and planning for future capacity requirements
- Ensure warehouse equipment supplied to employees is safe and functional
- Ensure the warehouse responsible for is kept in a clean and organized manner at all times
- Management of expected KPI’s of all facilities. If any KPI is under expectations, the Branch Manager must establish, enforce, and communicate a plan to resolve the problem to the appropriate upper management; Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the company.
- Working on constant improvement within the Branch, always thinking about increasing the value of the company and improving customers’ experience.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)
- Safety: Performance to established goals. Subjects would include meetings, incidents, infractions and training.
- Timely: Adherence to budgets, labor to revenue calculations, overtime, start time performance, violations of wage and hour violations, adherence to start and arrival times as determined.
- Accurate: Number of inventory discrepancies, number of inventory errors, shipping errors.
- Reliable: Tasked with creating a “Culture” of reliability through promotion and accountability.
- Performance to Plan: Meet or Exceed quarterly expectation.
- Payroll Management: Driver work under 11 hours per day and OT management is tracked for fairness in distribution and opportunity across driver team.
- All Driver Logs and PODs submitted without error or failure.
- Inventory management control and cycle counting.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of industry related experience (i.e., warehouse stock control, warehouse logistics planning, inventory control system familiarity, etc.)
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Overall knowledge of movement and production at all facilities responsible
- Supervisory and mentoring skills
- Inventory organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, management ability and industry knowledge
- Ability to work with little to no direct supervision
- Must be profit focused, result-oriented and an effective motivator
- Strong computer equipment and software skills including a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with modern ERP system and WMS platform
- Basic knowledge of Transportation Routing and Scheduling
- LEAN Six Sigma Certification is a plus