A highly successful Manufacturer in Ventura County is seeking a Benefits Analyst to provide support in execution of employees’ health and welfare programs. The Analyst provides consultative support to HR Management regarding evaluation and administration of health and welfare programs and LOA (Leave of Absence) programs. Serves as the subject matter expert on company plans and insurance policies. Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements relating to the administration of health and welfare programs.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Program Administration and Analytics
- Functions as a liaison between vendors and employees (including employee issues/complaint resolution) and advises employees on issues related to eligibility, coverage, and plan design.
- Provides analytical support in the research, development, planning and execution of health and welfare programs
- Supports survey and benchmarking efforts
- Coordinate with internal contacts to ensure efficiencies and issue resolution.
- Assists in reviewing and coordinating the delivery of Summary Plan Descriptions, Summaries of Benefits and Coverage
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity, data management and accuracy of the benefit plans
- Maintain benefits content for intranet/portal site
- Manage Company’s Benefit Programs
- Programs include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending, disability plans, 401(k), EAP, COBRA, etc.
- Counsel employees on benefit related questions and issues.
- Explain and compare features of various plan designs.
- Responsible for new employee and open enrollment meetings.
- Responsible for benefit information packets and entering/verifying enrollment elections.
- Manage benefit documentation, including:
- Create new employee HIPAA files.
- File and edit changes to employee and master files, such as for beneficiaries, deceased employee, etc.
- Manage the company’s LOA (Leave of Absence) programs and procedures
- Employee contact for all Leaves of Absence.
- Administer and monitor LOA eligibility, processes and procedures.
- Educate managers on applicable LOA programs.
- Manage working relationship with benefit providers
- Provide monthly reconciliation and reporting data.
- Audit, code, and submit providers’ invoices for payment if self-billed.
- Follow-up on billing issues, retroactive charges and refunds.
- Manage relevant federal, state and local compliance issues
- Monitor and coordinate compliance to FMLA/ CFRA, PDL, COBRA/Cal-COBRA, HIPAA, 401(k), ERISA regulations/requirements, and other relevant laws.
- Strong organizational abilities, timeliness, attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to both work independently and interact collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw valid conclusions and formulate sound recommendations are required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to management and employees at all levels is required.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software is required (Microsoft Office is preferred)
- Experience with UltiPro is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and computer skills required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities