Associate Leasing and Asset Manager
Fast-growing private real estate investment firm located in Century City is seeking an Associate Leasing and Asset Manager. The focus of the role is on the acquisition and operation of commercial real estate located in various West Coast submarkets. This position will help to support our growth.
We are seeking candidates with a 3 to 5 years of experience in shopping center / retail leasing with exposure to asset management related duties. The ideal candidate will exhibit exceptional follow up skills, attention to detail, and will be adept at managing multiple tasks simultaneously while keeping organized. This team member will report to our Asset Manager and will interface frequently with the two principals of the company.
Remote work acceptable, if within the Western US.
Salary: Base salary (+/-$75k), plus commission, bonus and benefits. Total comp package will approximate $150k.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Negotiate and manage all renewals and extensions throughout the portfolio.
· Work in conjunction with 3rd party leasing agents in multiple Western states to execute leasing and marketing strategy.
· From Letter of Intent through lease execution, work closely with asset management and legal to ensure optimal execution.
· Maintain solid understanding of competitive properties, market knowledge and critical market dynamics.
· Build and maintain relationships with local and national retail, medical and other service-oriented tenants.
· Work in conjunction with Asset Management and Acquisitions to incorporate leasing assumptions into budgets and underwriting.
· Perform miscellaneous asset management related duties as necessary.
· Prepare and maintain weekly leasing reports.
· 3-5 years of shopping center / retail leasing experience
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent
· Ability to foster relationships with tenants, brokers and third party service providers
· Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Solid communication skills with the ability to ask relevant questions
· Capability to understand various nuances of retail leases and curation of the optimal tenant mix
· Must have a solid general understanding of basic underwriting with the ability to manipulate spreadsheets and analyze proforma cash flow statements.
· Ability to multitask while maintaining exceptional organizational skills.
· High level of integrity and ethical standards
· Business fitting personality that will be punctual, responsive, and will be a true team player