A Dynamic Consumer Package Goods company in Ventura County is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their growing team. This company offers excellent pay, great benefits, and a fantastic work-life balance.
- Manage accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, commissions, and inventory reporting.
- Timely completion of month-end and year-end reporting packages and contribute to the development and improvement of those packages.
- Manage year-end audits and annual bank audits
- Special research projects and report preparation to the extent requested.
- Prepare journal entries, review account reconciliations, and analyze account variances
- Drive and manage the full accounting team performance of the close process to meet close deadlines
- Support monthly budget review with requested analysis
- Train new members and set goals and objectives for the accounting team
- Oversee Inventory accuracy to include cycle counts and physical (when required)
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements
- Deduction Management
- Price Protection
- Shipping Compliance
- Packaging Compliance
- Price Difference PO vs. Invoice
- Price Difference EDI vs. Invoice
- Price Difference Deduction vs. CM
- Incorrect Unit Sent
- Wrong Unit Received-Returned
- Sales Discount on Net Invoice
- Sales Discount on Late Paid Invoice
- Promo Deductions
- Missed Adjustment Claim
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset
- Strong leadership and mentoring skillset
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively
- Computer proficiency with ERP systems and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong and current working knowledge of GAAP
- Minimum 4-8 years of experience in an accounting environment
- CPA a plus but not required
- CPG experience is preferred but not required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 7 plus years of relevant experience required