Accounts Payable Representative
The Accounts Payable Representative performs accounts payable accounting functions including receiving and matching invoices, account coding, preparation of disbursements and accounts payable related record keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Receive and process vendor invoices, freight invoices, employee expense reimbursement requests and internal check requests.
· Keypunch invoices into computerized accounts payable system.
· Match packing/receiving slips to PO-based invoices.
· Verify invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts.
· Assist with sales/use tax determination.
· Obtain approval from appropriate personnel for payment of miscellaneous invoices.
· Charge expenses to general ledger accounts and cost centers.
· Monitor and apply prepayments to invoices.
· Process chargebacks due to vendor returns.
· Determine dates for invoices to be paid.
· Prepare and perform payment runs.
· On a weekly basis, review schedules for payments and special check request, batch invoices available to print approved checks and prepare and route for signature.
· Receive and answer phone calls from vendors or other departments in regard to payment status of invoices.
· Reconcile account balances with vendor statements.
· Provides work leadership and training to others.
· Work directly with Information Services to resolve software issues.
· Work closely with Controller to resolve problems within the department.
· Employees are expected to follow instructions, procedures and to escalate any issue impacting workflow, quality, etc. Additionally, there are high value items that require proper care and protection.
· Knowledge of standard accounts payable policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of purchase orders and related accounts payable documentation.
· Knowledge of general accounting principles.
· Proficient in data entry and management.
· Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs.
· Experience with an automated accounting system.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Employees must exhibit honesty and integrity as well as demonstrate adherence to rules, procedures and policies.
· 0-5% Travel Required.
· Knowledge of SAP.
· Knowledge of QuickBooks.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university is required, plus an additional 2+ years related experience, or AA Degree with 4 years of experience.