Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Assist in performing and lead the day-to-day activities of the accounts payable function.
- Assist with other tasks within the Accounting department as necessary
- Process accounts payable including review of invoices and related purchase orders and obtain appropriate approvals prior to vouching
- Ensure the timely and accurate monthly closing of the accounts payable function; complete monthly account reconciliations related to accounts payable
- Enters status change information into accounting software to ensure vendor information is accurate and up to date.
- Process year end 1099’s and related filings
- Manage the process for maintaining independent contractor information; process quarterly
- Form 590 filings.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems, procedures, and policies for accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Communicate with and build effective relationships with assigned vendo
- Prepare and complete voucher packages for weekly check runs; file and maintain complete vendor files on a timely basis
- Promptly and efficiently codes and post payables batches; maintain vendor pending payables files
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Must be proactive and “get things done”.
- Professional and personable demeanor.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting highly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and highly proficient in Outlook.
- Strong computer and business solutions software skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with vendors, management, and support personnel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail.
- Ability to interface with and satisfy the needs of diverse groups ranging from corporate to operations managers and staff.
****100% on site in office - Vaccination required****