Super successful large real estate private equity firm with office in LA, NY, Dallas and other major cities is seeking an Accounting Manager who is responsible for the day-to-day accounting of direct real estate and real estate related debt/equity investments.
· Reviewing and posting general journal entries (full cycle accounting) for real estate investments
· Reviewing month end binder and balance sheet reconciliations for real estate investments
· Reviewing and coordinating daily NAV communication
· Reviewing and coordinating monthly real estate valuations
· Assist in review of lender reporting packages.
· Approve quarterly budget, verifying accuracy of accruals and that all vendors are being captured.
· Provide accurate and timely financial information to other internal departments and under the specific deadlines.
· Provide information for and take part in Q&A for audits and tax preparation.
· Review of semi and annual financial reporting, including consolidated financial reporting as required under GAAP.
· Coordination with the external audit firm with respect to the preparation and issuance of annual audited financial statements and related footnotes.
**Supervising and managing 2 employees** **Founders Portfolio** High profile position
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Related Field.
· Minimum 5+ years' previous accounting and finance experience.
· Experience in Real Estate industry preferred.
· Big 4 or other Public Accounting Experience
· CPA preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel)
· Extensive knowledge of GAAP accounting
· Experience in Yardi, MRI, J.D. Edwards or comparable software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to organize, perform and prioritize various functions to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
· Effective communication skills, both written and oral, and strong attention to detail
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex agreements
· Highly analytical and detail oriented