Dynamic CPG company in Ventura County is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their growing team.
Great PAY...BENEFITS and PERKS – FUN company with a GREAT WORK LIFE balance environment!!
The accounting manager will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department to include, managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and staff accountants. Perform other general accounting tasks such as month end close, yearly audits, bank audits, commission reporting, bank borrowing base reporting and year end close. Lead development, mentoring and training activities of assigned personnel. Performs associated work duties and plans work assignments as required. Handles complex, non-routine accounting problems. Manages all aspects financial reporting including maintenance and reconciliation of all financial records.
•Manage accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, commissions, and inventory reporting.
•Timely completion of month end and year end reporting packages and contribute to the development and improvement of those packages.
•Manage year-end audits and annual bank audits
•Special research projects and report preparation to the extent requested.
•Prepare journal entries, review account reconciliations and analyze account variances
•Drive and manage the full accounting team performance of the close process to meet close deadlines
•Support monthly budget review with requested analysis
·Train new members and set goals and objectives for accounting team
·Oversee Inventory accuracy to include cycle counts and physical (when required)
·Ensures compliance with local, state and federal government requirements
·CPG experience preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset
· Strong leadership and mentoring skillset
· Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively
· Computer proficiency with ERP systems and advanced knowledge of Excel
· Minimum 4-8 years of experience in an accounting environment
· CPA a plus but not required
· Strong and current working knowledge of GAAP
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting required
· CPA preferred
· Minimum 8 plus years of relevant experience required