Accounting and Asset Management Associate
Fast-growing private real estate investment firm located in Century City, CA. We are focused on the acquisition and operation of commercial real estate located in various West Coast submarkets. The Company continues to aggressively grow its fund and syndication platform and is currently seeking a full-time Accounting Manager to support its growth.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 5 years of experience in real estate related accounting with an emphasis on financial statement compilation and review. The ideal candidate will exhibit exceptional attention to detail and have prior experience managing a diverse portfolio of commercial real estate. The Accounting Manager will report to our Chief Investment Officer.
This position will be responsible for Property-level and Fund Accounting, Real Estate Operations Accounting and Finance.
Some remote work acceptable, if desired.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Follow accounting policies and procedures, organize, and add all expenses in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel, utilize YARDI to analyze financial data, and create reports for senior management
· Ensure transactions are timely and properly recorded in all ledgers
· Prepare payment draws to construction lenders
· Evolve and expand existing system of accounts for financial transactions including chart of accounts and bookkeeping policies and procedures
· Assist with all aspects of banking (creating new accounts, processing wires, etc)
· Annual tax assistance (Such as w-9 creation and distribution)
· Interface with our 3rd party accounting and property management firms to assist in all accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger maintenance, account reconciliations, reporting, financial statement and budget preparation
· Assist in the coordination of quarterly distributions to investors, partners
· Interface with lender's representative regularly to ensure compliance of loans
· Identify opportunities for system / process efficiencies and / or enhancements
· General understanding of real estate fundamentals
· 5+ Years of accounting experience required
· Working knowledge of YARDI
· QuickBooks, AR/ AP experience required
· Real estate focused GAAP accrual accounting and audit
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint
· Basic financial modeling and ability to create three-part financial statements
· Strong work ethic, solid time-management skills, detail-oriented and a resourceful self-starter who can work independently or in a team environment and take initiative and accountability for work product
· Flexible and adept nature to respond to changing and sometimes ambiguous situations
· High level organizational skills capable of managing multiple projects from multiple parties simultaneously and appropriately prioritize to conclusion within agreed upon deadlines
· High level of integrity and ethical standards
· Business fitting personality that will be punctual, and responsive with effective communication skills