Successful textile company in Downtown LA is seeking a new Accountant who will be responsible for Accounts Receivable and Payable for the Company. Accountant manages the day-to-day accounting activities including month end close activities, account reconciliations and analysis. This position reports to the Owners on the day-to-day activities of the department.
· Assist in preparation of monthly financial statement and reports to be distributed to Ownership.
· Manage monthly close process including journal entries and accrual analysis.
· Assist in the implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to financial management, forecast, budget, and accounting.
· Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, operating expenses, and insurance records.
· Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls. Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting, and review financial statements with company management.
· Reconcile accounts, evaluating the accuracy and effectiveness of the accounting system and assist external auditors in performing reviews and audits of the accounting records.
· Provides timely notification to management on returned checks, drafts and potential credit problems.
· Coordinate monthly close process including journal entries and accrual analysis.
· Prepare various management presentations, financial analyses, and special projects as assigned.
· Advise and communicate technical accounting matters with all levels of the organization.
· Maintain fixed asset reporting, capital expenditures and schedules.
· Comply with government and customer policies, procedures and regulations.
· Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
· Excellent communication skills with banking institution(s).
· Familiar with regulations of Letters of Credit.
The position has lots of room for advancement and leadership at the executive level.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management required.
· CPA certification or MBA preferred.
· 3 - 5 years of accounting experience in positions with increasing responsibilities required.
· Strong communication, interaction, and presentation skills required.
· Effective and competent management, accounting and organizational skills required.
· Proven ability to work with all levels of an organization.
· Good computer and software knowledge essential.