Van Nuys, ca
Category : Accounting/Audit
Location/City : ca - Van Nuys
Job Type : Full Time Active
Salary Range : 65000.00 - 85000.00 per year (Full Time Active)
Recruiter Name : Lisa Knupp
Recruiter Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a winning team at a growing CPA firm that offers a culture that is fun and diverse with an authentic family feel experience. This firm offers the highest quality accounting, auditing, tax, and business advisory services to clients. It's located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley, employs more than 40 and has a wide range of experience and skills, serving businesses in various industries and are looking to add a Staff Accountant to the team!
Staff Accountant - Tax
Join a winning team at a growing certified public accounting firm that offers a culture that is fun and diverse with an authentic family feel experience. The firm is experiencing exceptional growth with over 60+ years of service and are committed to providing the highest quality accounting, auditing, tax, and business advisory services. The firm is located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley, has a team of 40+ employees with a wide range of experience and skills, serving businesses in various industries and we are looking for a Tax Staff Accountant to join this team.
Primary duties include:
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements and recording necessary journal entries.
- Preparation of financial statement review and compilations.
- Analyzing the general ledger and reconciling accounts with records and files.
- Preparation of tax projections.
- Ability to prepare various federal and state income tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnership, and trusts.
- Recognize, identify, and research tax issues in order to summarize results and propose resolutions.
- Preparation of form W2 s, 1099 s, payroll tax returns, sales tax returns, business property statements and business licenses.
- Manage projects, workflows, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize while ensuring timely filing and reporting.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes and reviewing professional publications.
- Interpret and understand tax law changes to assist and educate clients.
- Contribute to staff training and development as well as providing one on one feedback to ensure efficiency.
Knowledge and qualifications:
- Ability to thoroughly comprehend tax forms, entity type setup, and basic multi-state returns.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, strong ethics and business conduct.
- Ability to evaluate situations and modify accordingly.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships through all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative and exercise time management skills.
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with accounting related software s: CCH Axcess Tax, Engagement, PPC Checkpoint, T-value, BNA Fixed Assets, Answer Connect, QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience with individual and partnership tax returns.
- Working towards becoming a licensed CPA or licensed EA preferred.
Team members are greatly valued and the salaries offered are very competitive with an excellent benefits package which includes the following:
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Flexible spending account
- Health, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance options
- Paid continuing professional education
- Paid holidays
- Vacation, sick, and personal time off
- Wellness program
- Work-life balance