Category : Accounting
Location/City : CA - DTLA
Job Type : Full Time Active
Salary Range : 55000.00 - 70000.00 per year (Full Time Active)
Recruiter Name : Lisa Knupp
Recruiter Email : email@example.com
A progressive company headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, California that has extensive experience in all areas of the legal cannabis industry. We have developed world-class facilities and vertically integrated businesses for the production, manufacturing, distribution, and sale of cannabis.
The Staff Accountant will play a key role in ensuring timely and accurate generation of financial records. He or she should have strong communication skills and the ability to work efficiently, proactively, and independently. The primary responsibilities for this position will be the management and processing of all cash, accounts receivable, and accounts payable cycles. In addition, the Staff Accountant will focus on maintaining internal controls and reporting over physical cash.
- Daily posting of cash, customer billings, and expense reporting within QuickBooks.
- Verifying the accuracy of all documents received and distributed.
- Responsible for recording and processing all commissions generated on a weekly basis.
- Implement, manage, and record all activities for petty cash.
- Maintain customer master files within sale and invoicing software.
- Maintain vendor master files within QuickBooks.
- Issue W9 s and properly account for all information needed to file 1099 s.
- Manage check requests process, obtain all approvals and proper account coding for disbursements.
- Creation of journal entries for all wire transfer and ACH s.
- Maintain efficient and complete record keeping for all accounting department files.
- Accurate chart of accounts coding for all disbursements.
- Perform account analysis and reconciliation intercompany general ledger accounts.
- Implement process for reconciliation of all vendor statements.
- Perform accurate and timely month end bank reconciliations for all checking accounts.
- Preparing month end journal entries and account analyses for certain balance sheet accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-3 years experience preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Desktop Experience.
- Flexible and adaptable to a dynamic environment.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Degree in Accounting preferred.