Senior Tax Accountant
Category : Accounting/Audit
Location/City : ca - Encino
Job Type : Full Time Active
Salary Range : 75000.00 - 105000.00 per year (Full Time Active)
Recruiter Name : Lisa Knupp
Recruiter Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider this description a guide. If you do not meet ALL of the requirements but are currently doing tax at another CPA firm, we are still interested in speaking with you.
Primary duties include:
- Ability to prepare and review complicated and complex corporate, partnership, individual, non-profit and trust income tax returns by collecting, analyzing, and formatting financial information.
- Recognize, identify, and research tax issues in order to summarize results and propose resolutions.
- Review of form 1099's, payroll tax returns, sales tax returns, business property statements and business licenses.
- Manage projects, workflows, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize while ensuring timely filing and reporting.
- Prepare and analyze business financial statements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes and reviewing professional publications.
- Interpret and understand tax law changes to assist and educate clients.
- Demonstrate knowledge in tax aspects of business transaction issues, including shareholder transactions.
- Assist partners in consulting with closely held business and individual clients on financial and tax planning matters.
- Contribute to staff training and development as well as providing one on one feedback to ensure efficiency.
Knowledge and qualifications:
- Ability to thoroughly comprehend tax forms, entity type setup, basic foreign/multistate returns, foreign entity reporting, retirement plan options and specialized tax credits.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, strong ethics and business conduct.
- Ability to evaluate situations and modify accordingly.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships through all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative and exercise time management skills.
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with accounting related software's: CCH Axcess Tax, Engagement, PPC Checkpoint, T-value, BNA Fixed Assets and Answer Connect
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience with individual and partnership tax returns.
- CPA or EA license preferred.
- Master's in Taxation preferred.
We value our team members and offer a very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package which includes the following:
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Flexible spending account
- Health, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance options
- Paid continuing professional education
- Paid holidays
- Vacation, sick, and personal time off
- Wellness program
- Work-life balance