Senior Release Engineer - DevOps
Los Angeles, CA
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : CA - Los Angeles
Job Type : Full-time / Perm
Salary Range : 100000.00 - 120000.00 per year (Full-time / Perm)
Recruiter Name : Natasha Kissler
Recruiter Email : email@example.com
The Senior I.T. Release Engineer is responsible for leading the efforts in the automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management. This position is responsible for driving the Operations team toward automation and deployment best practices. It is responsible for developing, testing and maintaining build and deployment scripts in CI/CD framework/tools to automate and streamline deployment processes. The Senior I.T. Release Engineer conducts and oversees the engineering scrum and design meetings to drive quality releases.
- Strategizes best practices for ongoing parallel development, featuring branching, merging, and common library management. Lead setting up CI/CD using TFS and GitHub. Integration with Jenkins, SonarQube,
- Bamboo, Xebialabs and Splunk. Work on integrating a software test automation framework.
- Develops innovative enterprise release management solutions and releasing them in a timely, efficiently and with increasing quality to client user experience.
- Leads Architect for designing and implementing automated Software Builds, Integrate Continuous Code Inspection, Integrate Testing after Build and Deployment.
- Enhance or update existing automated, or script-based testing efforts.
- Works with Release Engineer and Enterprise Release Management team to understand the change pipeline and plan release for lower environments, staging and production.
- Addresses trouble shooting escalations from Release Engineer or Development teams for application configuration issues in test and staging environments to ensure packages have been installed properly.
- Collaborates with QA, Operations, Engineering and Product Owners to perform builds, tests, and deployments to multiple environments.
- Creates and enforces policies in build and deployment processes. Develops and maintains guidelines, SOP and conventions including but not limited to: .Net, MS SQL, BI Publisher Reporting, Java, WebLogic; Lotus Domino, PLSQL, Technical Configuration.
- Monitors applications with Application Performance Monitoring tools. Responsible for the Application Environments Version control governance and the Application Lower environment build and release Sync Automation.
- Provides valuable insights, oversight, and ensures that all products are released to production without adverse effect to clients while maintaining the technical integrity of applications.
- Supports the Release Engineers by performing multiple daily builds for multiple software releases as needed. Supports multiple code lines. Builds communication channels and documents procedure.
- Works with all areas of application delivery to ensure the build/deploy process is serving the needs of the business.
- Participates in complex system design sessions and suggest ways for effective Build and Release.
- Delivery of complex ALM solutions as technical individual contributor to various project teams. Support and improve the entire release process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree - Preferred
- With Bachelor's Degree: 5-7 years of experience Managing and administering TFS 2013, VSTS (configure and control all aspects of TFS, including access/security, functionality, scheduling, branching, and merging).
- Proven experience in Continuous Integration- Configuring, scheduling & troubleshooting build pipelines.
- Proven experience in Automating build and release for various technology stacks(.net, java, Oracle, SQL, PLSQL, Drupal, SSO, OBIEE, Struts,& XML).
- Experience in Automating Build-Release processes using Jenkins, SonarQube, Bamboo, XebiaLabs, Splunk, Msbuild, Maven and PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- Proven experience to run services optimally and/or restore services quickly in the event of a failure.
- Prior experience collaborating cross-functional teams.
- Experience in interpreting and/or developing technical specifications, diagrams and ALM blueprint.
- Hands-on experience and demonstrated knowledge of Version Control using TFVC, GitHub, Subversion.
- Must have experience working in fast-paced environment with frequent software releases.
- With Master's Degree: 3 years of experience Managing and administering TFS 2013, VSTS (configure and control all aspects of TFS, including access/security, functionality, scheduling, branching, and merging).
- With High School Diploma/GED: 10+ years of experience Managing and administering TFS 2013, GitHub, configure and control all aspects of TFS & GitHub, including access/security, functionality, scheduling, branching, and merging).
- With Associate's Degree: 8 years of experience Managing and administering TFS 2013, VSTS (configure and control all aspects of TFS, including access/security, functionality, scheduling, branching, and merging).