Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Los Angeles, CA
Category : Banking
Location/City : CA - Los Angeles
Job Type : Full-time / Perm
Salary Range : 85000.00 - 110000.00 per year (USD Full-time / Perm)
Recruiter Name : Sean Pennel
Recruiter Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Underwrite Loan files according to portfolio and investor guidelines, and in Compliance with applicable regulations.
- Review and verify all income & asset documentation, in accordance with internal Quality
- Control procedures, and ensuring Ability to Repay standards are met.
- Perform analysis of credit history and credit report, and conduct liabilities analysis.
- Review and analyze Collateral documents, such as: Appraisal, Purchase Contract, Escrow Instructions and Property Inspection Report.
- Run, read and interpret total Scorecard AUS results.
- Perform analysis of complex tax returns, inclusive of individual and self-employed borrowers.
- Prepare Loan approval memorandum and present loan strengths and weaknesses to individuals with approval authority.
- Sign-off on Loan Conditions.
- 10+ years of Residential Loan Underwriting Experience
- Knowledge of Lending Compliance regulations, inclusive of: Regulations X (RESPA), Regulation Z, Regulation B, Fair Lending, HMDA Guidelines, among others
- Experience with Investor and Portfolio Underwriting
- Ability to underwrite complex financial situations, inclusive of entity tax returns
- Quality Assurance experience
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Fraud review skills and experience
- Knowledgeable with CFPB compliance standards
- Knowledgeable with Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac Guidelines
- Loss Mitigation Experience
Computer/Systems Knowledge Requirements:
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel: Intermediate/Advanced
- Mortgage Bot: Basic
- DU Fannie Mae: Advanced
- LP Freddie Mac: Advanced
- Processing: Advanced
- Funding: Intermediate