Category : Accounting
Location/City : CA - Sylmar
Job Type : Contract to Perm
Salary Range : 25.00 - 28.00 per hour (Contract to Perm)
Recruiter Name : Vanessa McGarry
Recruiter Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responsible for collection and review of employee time records, preparation, input and distribution of biweekly, and monthly payroll, payroll general ledgers and month-end reports.
- Responsible for balancing payroll and maintaining accurate information regarding payroll deductions and hours worked. Notifies accounting department of all charges and reconciles amounts.
- Acts as liaison between accounting department and payroll.
- Requests stop payments on payroll checks and calculates any special checks as required.
- Responsible for calculating final checks for terminating employees and ensuring that final checks are delivered to the appropriate location in accordance with legal requirements.
- Responds to authorized governmental agencies and court requests for payroll information including subpoenas, wage assignments, Unemployment Benefit audits, and verification of employment.
- Responsible for sending quarterly files and annual files including W-2s to Ceridian and verifying returns and W-2s are correct.
- Makes any necessary payroll adjustments in an accurate manner to all agencies.
- Completes all year end reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Distributes and files payroll reports and other payroll related documents.
- Coordinates and provides leadership to other company divisions regarding payroll matters.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Maintains Workers Compensation records for all locations and coordinates claims with Workers Compensation insurance provider.
Secondary Job Functions
- Maintains a neat work area and displays a professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- In charge of records retention of payroll documents and related reconciliations.
- Continual training on new software releases and updates.
- Identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Attends company and department meetings as requested.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
- Strong computer skills: must be proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to operate standard office equipment.