Category : Aerospace
Location/City : CA - Sylmar
Job Type : Contract to Perm
Salary Range : 68000.00 - 75000.00 per year (Contract to Perm)
Recruiter Name : Vanessa McGarry
Recruiter Email : email@example.com
Position : Payroll Manager
Payroll Manager is responsible for overseeing the payroll function in an accurate and efficient manner. This person will be responsible for processing payroll for 400+ employees, garnishments, verification of employments, personnel action forms and assisting the HR department in any way needed. The Payroll Manager is good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices, with a strong knowledge of federal and state regulations, FLSA and a full understanding of sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience with multi-state payroll processing.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and function with a high degree of professionalism and integrity in an energetic, demanding team environment.
- Strong interpersonal (written and verbal) communication skills.
- Responsible for full life-cycle payroll processing.
- Proficient in Paycom or equivalent payroll system
- Works with managers and supervisors on approving timesheets and updates, reviews and maintains related information for all Employees.
- Responsible for all nonexempt and exempt payroll and payroll activities for 1000+ people.
- Run payroll cycles, research, and resolve out of balance situations.
- Balance payroll accounts by auditing information
- Resource for all employee Timekeeping inquiries.
- FLSA compliance subject matter expert and resource for hourly nonexempt employee Payroll inquiries.
- Oversees the accurate updates of records by reviewing changes in exemptions, insurance changes, deductions, paid-time not worked, status, and pay; calculating vacation earned.
- Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms; adjusting payroll records, documenting and transmitting withholdings.
- Entering new hire and re-hire information into the HRIS/Payroll system.
- Assist with audits and project as for department as needed.
- Minimum of 4 years payroll experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisory role.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- College Degree Preferred.
- Experience working with HRIS/Payroll systems such as ADP, Paycom and Workday
- Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as part of the larger team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven project management, organizational and time-management skills.